Company: School City of Hobart
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Hobart High School
Until Filled Custodian
Hobart High School
Seeking a Custodian at Hobart High School. Position available
- High school diploma or GED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or
employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to
perform these operations using units of and weight measurement,
volume and distance.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, staff and the community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district
requirements and policies. Responsibilities:
- Cleans and maintains assigned areas and equipment in the
building and on the building grounds.
- Assists staff and the visiting public utilizing the facilities
with directions within the building, and obtains and sets up needed
equipment and /or materials as required. Cleans up area used after
evening function/event end on that shift.
- Restocks expendables in assigned areas and provides the
Custodial Engineer with inventory usage information as required or
requested. Occasionally may be required to put delivered
expendables in the supply room after the Custodial Engineer checks
the accuracy and stages the new order.
- Uses a plunger on slow or stopped up drains before reporting to
the Custodial Engineer for further action.
- Changes burned out light bulbs that can be accessed safely from
the ground or with the proper ladder or lift in assigned areas, and
during breaks, all areas.
- Assists with ongoing predictive maintenance and minor repairs
on HVAC equipment including unit ventilators, fan powered boxes, &
small unit heaters. Details include filter changing, minor
lubrication (if required), replacement of missing nuts and bolts,
and minor adjustments if instructed.
- Snow removal. Includes all necessary entrances, stairs, salting
as required, and monitoring / correcting slick conditions for
persons who may be leaving and events during your shift.
- Maintains security by alarm management, and closing and/or
opening the buildings and grounds as required by events,
educational, and maintenance needs.
- Performs some grounds duties. Details include a building
perimeter inspection to pick up garbage. Performs occasional
weeding of flower beds, mowing and weeding courtyards, raking mulch
around playground equipment, cleaning of door entrances, and cobweb
removal around and overhead of all entrances, if your assigned
cleaning area is on schedule.
- This description includes all of the above but is not limited
to other duty assignments as required within the job scope.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands
and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee frequently must squat, stoop, kneel, reach above the head
and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to
grasp tools and will occasionally climb ladders. The employee will
frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the
average person while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally
the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 pounds such as salt and
bulk furniture. The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as
tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work
- The employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work
outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical
equipment. The employee may occasionally work with toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe
time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is
Internal Applicants: Please submit a letter of Interest to Mr.
Felix Perry, Director of Support Services, (219) 947-2413 or
External Applicants: Please submit an online application. If you
have questions, contact Mr. Felix Perry, Director of Support
Services, (219) 947-2413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School City of Hobart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The
School City of Hobart ensures equal employment opportunities
regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion,
age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or
disability, including limited English proficiency. The School City
of Hobart has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority
teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing
assistance in making application for any opening should contact the
Department of Human Resources.
Keywords: School City of Hobart, Gary , Custodian, Other , Hobart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...