Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Senior Mechanical
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Mechanical
Engineer with Middough, you will organize and execute work tasks
across multiple projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also
be responsible for interacting with clients, taking technical
ownership of mechanical design, and helping to drive "big picture"
project objectives within a consulting design environment. -
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering Manager to plan and
execute mechanical work on projects and to utilize shared resources
- Execute design and engineering tasks as well as lead resources
to execute mechanical tasks within multi-discipline design
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the technical work as the
mechanical lead on assigned projects.
- Work with both client and internal team members to scope and
execute design work according to schedule, budget, and execution
- Review engineering deliverables for compliance with engineering
principles, standards, and design specifications.
- Work effectively within 3D design environment to develop
mechanical design solutions and leads 3D design model reviews with
- Develop system designs and sizes equipment, develop technical
specifications & data sheets, performs technical evaluation of
bids, and recommends best value design which meets client
requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability, and
- Plan and lead in collecting field observations, perform
detailed engineering calculations, checking installations, and
- Regularly interact with other engineering disciplines, project
managers, client team members, and vendors to obtain and exchange
project pertinent information.
- Work with Client and Project Manager to identify scope changes
through formal change management procedures.
- Keep upstream and downstream team members up to date on project
execution and planning.
- Actively mentor and develop engineering and design
staff.Education, Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will
possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar with
- PE License (EIT/ET and ability to obtain PE) or master's degree
in Engineering or Business preferred.
- 6+ years of mechanical engineering work experience with
demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Equipment Design & Specification Pressure and Rotating Process
- ASME S8D1 Pressure Vessel Design, Evaluation, & FFS
- Industrial Ventilation/Environmental Pollution Controls
- Design & Specification of Material Handling systems &
- Stress and Flow analysis of piping in refinery/chemical and/or
- Advanced Mechanical Evaluation using FEA or CFD engineering
- Welding and Metallurgy design
- 4+ years of engineering design and collaboration experience
developing complex design within a 3D environment using
AutoCAD/Plant3D, SolidWorks, Inventor, Revit, and/or
- 2+ years of experience executing project work as a Project
Engineer or Design Team Leader.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective
project planning and completion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
- Overtime (weekdays, weekends and/or holidays) may be necessary
based on project workload.About MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough),
founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering,
architecture and project solutions company providing services to a
broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with
offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our
diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged
with a large variety of interesting projects, management and
technical development opportunities and team building experiences.
- Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our
passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client
satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional
development.What Middough OffersWe offer a growth and learning
culture which encourages and supports employee development through
a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning
Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an
opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and
growing organization for your career advancement goals.
Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the
following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Gary , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...