Project Controls Specialist
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner! Project Controls
Specialist - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Project Controls
Specialist with Middough, you will provide services related to
planning, scheduling, cost engineering and earned value analysis on
assigned projects. This may position may provide leadership to a
scheduler and / or project cost engineer on larger projects.
Services include preparing schedules and performance monitoring
status and management reports which identify variances in work
execution strategy, provide timely feedback and recommend solutions
to management to improve or mitigate problems affecting cost,
schedule or estimating issues throughout the life cycle of a
project, program, or other related work activity. Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with Lead Engineers and Construction Team to refine
service/construction labor estimates into P6 Level 4 execution
schedules & earned value management suite to track progress and
- Lead in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and
development of schedules and budget data (including resource
loading) for those WBS elements.
- Analyze unit rates and performance metrics to provide
Management Team with guidance on performance to-date and estimate
- Compile schedule and cost data inputs into the project control
database and interpret output results to guide decision
- Analyze schedule progress, performance and identify developing
- Advise management of risks that may affect project profit,
costs, schedules and client relations. Support the Project
Management team in maintaining timely and effective change
management processes, procedures and systems.
- Take the lead in the development and maintenance of any
periodic (daily, weekly, monthly) status reports to keep management
and/or owner informed on the project progress.
- Participate in the development of the Project Close Out process
including the evaluation of all subcontractors and major
- Set the priority of Safety as paramount in all planning and
- Use Middough Advance Project Procedures (MAPP) as a tool for
project implementation and complies with procedural
- Prepare one lunch & learn workshop per year on a topic relevant
to project execution or procedural improvement. Education,
Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or
- Project Controls experience on engineering and construction
- Hands-on experience with Primavera Project Planner P6 (highly
preferred) and/or MS Project.
- 5+ years of experience setting up construction schedules
working with resource loading and earned value management systems
- Ability to problem solving and/or use data analysis to make
- Knowledge of cost engineering concepts as they relate to
budgeting, monitoring and tracking actual costs, change orders and
- Experience with Word, Access, Excel, VBA (highly preferred),
PowerPoint and MS Project Software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest
individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are
dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness
and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer a growth
and learning culture which encourages and supports employee
development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as
the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center.
Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Gary , Project Controls Specialist, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...