Quality Control Inspector
Company: Nexus Employment Solutions Plus,inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Nexus Employment Solutions Plus,inc. is currently hiring for
Quality Control Inspectors for the Valparaiso,IN area. Please apply
online with your most current resume, or apply in person at the
following locations :
- 6575 Daniel Burnham dr ste C Portage IN 46368
- 8135 Kennedy Ave Highland IN 46322
- 600 w 81st Ave ste 1A Merillville 46410 Job Summary Perform
routine checks, tests, gauging and instrument inspections of
materials, goods in process and finished goods. Separation of
acceptable and unacceptable product. Responsibilities:
- Records test information accurately, on the computer and in
neatly written shift reports
- Works closely with front line, operators and production
supervisors to advise when adjustments are needed.
- Notifies supervisor when inspection data exceeds acceptable
limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Follows procedures for containments and placing defective drums
- Aids in the planning, promotion and organizing of training
activities related to product quality and reliability.
- May be required to assist with testing on samples and special
- Must perform all duties in the department in a safe manner and
consistent with all company safety rules
- Conduct UN performance testing, completing appropriate
documentation and maintain records to satisfy contractual,
statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Perform incoming, in-process and final inspection to verify
process and product quality.
- Develops and demonstrates a knowledge and understanding of
established quality policy, procedures and instructions.
- Various other duties and special projects as assigned. Job
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 2 years related trade school training; or equivalent of
education and experience in similar environment
- Use and understanding of precision measuring instruments and
gauges, specifications, charts and diagrams
- Ability to accurately read measuring devices, blueprints,
product specifications and test procedures
- Good hand/eye coordination and motor skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to operate a Forklift in a safe manner, or ability and
willingness to learn
- Computer skills are required; familiarity with windows and
Microsoft office suite
- Strong attention to detail and recordkeeping Physical
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Requires good hand/eye/foot coordination and motor skills.
- Must be able to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel
and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
- Vision: 20/20 corrected and normal hearing range.
Keywords: Nexus Employment Solutions Plus,inc., Gary , Quality Control Inspector, Other , Valparaiso, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...