Student - Career Advisement Team (CAT) Member, Career Center
Company: Purdue University
Posted on: May 23, 2023
The Career Center Career Advisement Team (CAT) Member will help
support the mission of the office by assisting in the development,
support and promotion of career related events and programs for the
Purdue Northwest campus community while assisting with recruitment
- Provide quality customer service to all campus constituents
(faculty, staff, students, employers and partners) via phone,
e-mail, and in person.
- Collaborate with professional staff on brainstorming, planning
and execution of career related events that are on or off campus
- Collaborate with key campus offices (Campus Police, Facilities,
etc) to ensure seamless execution of events and programs.
- Participate in various outreach activities, including giving
campus presentations and representing the Career Center events and
- Provide basic but effective Career Advising to students and
alumni on application materials and career resources.
- Guide students and alumni through office resources and
- Manage employers connecting with PNW through Handshake and
- Scheduling meetings and appointments for pro staff
- Support the data collection, analysis and reporting and to turn
that data into actionable information.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment, managing complex
data sets, on multiple projects with a range of deadlines.
- Provide flexibility and openness to assist employers, students,
staff members during events.
- Guiding employers/students/alumni to correct locations on
campus and ensuring management of registrations.
- Provide excellent customer service in assisting employers and
- Light to moderate lifting
Marketing & Social Media:
- Develop professional press releases and establish documented
procedures for events, including assessment strategies that measure
outcomes of events.
- Develop social media and marketing content for employer events
- Utilize all social media platforms in marketing out events and
- Collaborate with staff for online content to be shared through
various marketing and social media platforms.
- Utilize Canva, Sendible and Microsoft products for creation of
- Maintain platform engagement and branding.
- Keep up with trends in order to develop timely content for PNW
- Monitor and report expenditures related to marketing
Data Management and Analysis
- Assist with the collection of data in a variety of areas such
as satisfaction surveys, graduate outcome surveys, and other key
performance indicators through various on-campus strategies and via
- Processing Graduate Outcome data for university reporting.
- Catalog the data collection resources that are currently
gathered, which includes keeping a master schedule of surveys, data
collection periods and purpose of assessments.
- Analyze multiple data sets to determine trends, and recommend
process improvements, including establishing a design of measures
where there are none, and automate metrics and reports.
- Create graphs, dash boards, tables within Microsoft and Google
Employment Opportunities Coordination
- Communicate employment opportunities and requirements based on
job opportunities shared with the Career Center.
- Assist in making connections between students and recent alumni
with employers looking to fill employment opportunities.
- Utilize First Destination Data to identify students and recent
graduates that are looking for employment opportunities.
- Contact partners by email, phone calls, and social media to
assist in filling employment opportunities with employers.
Current PNW Federal Work-Study Student
- PNW Student. GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Interests or background in communication, marketing/branding,
- Experience in customer service in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Between .5 - 2 years of experience preferred
Data analyst specifications
- PNW student in programs such as business analytics, computer
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience in MS Excel, creating Pivots, VLookups, HLookups and
Keywords: Purdue University, Gary , Student - Career Advisement Team (CAT) Member, Career Center, Other , Westville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...