Teller - Full Time
Company: First Savings Bank of Hegewisch
Location: Crown Point
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that customers are promptly and professionally served at all times. Active participant in the Five Star Service Program at First Savings Bank of Hegewisch.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
a. Represents the Bank in a courteous and professional manner.
b. Receives deposits in person or by mail or alternative delivery channels
c. Receives loan payments in person or by mail. Properly processes payment for the customers.
d. Processes cash advances, travelers' checks, cashiers' checks, money orders, government bonds, and similar transactions efficiently.
e. Disburses cash or check withdrawals in person, by telephone (with proper authorization) or by mail.
f. Processes transfers of funds among accounts with the Bank.
g. Opens and closes computer terminal accounts daily. Processes assigned cash and transactions and balances at end of each workday.
h. Verifies transactions. Consistently monitors deposit amounts, and examines documents for endorsement and negotiability. Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with customers.
a. Ensures that customers' requests and questions are promptly resolved.
b. Operates online teller terminal. Provides in person, by telephone, or by mail, information that customers may authorize concerning their account status.
c. Receives and processes new customer accounts and changes to existing accounts.
d. Receives and processes changes of name, addresses, and other account information as needed.
e. Maintains privacy of customer account information.
f. Ensures that the Bank's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
a. Assists area personnel as required.
b. Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
c. Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
d. Attends meetings as required by supervisors.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Performs drive-up teller and night drop functions as assigned.
b. Cross sells Bank services.
c. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
d. Performs related clerical duties as required.
1. Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards and security procedures.
2. Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
3. Good business relations exist with customers. Customers' problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
4. Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
5. Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
6. The Bank's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent (GED).
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures.
Basic understanding of Bank operations.
Experience Required: Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months.
Skills/Abilities: Good communication skills.
Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Good math skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
Good typing skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual preference or orientation or veteran status.
Keywords: First Savings Bank of Hegewisch, Gary , Teller - Full Time, Other , Crown Point, Indiana
here to apply!