Business Operations Coordinator
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer or the Chief Administrative Officer, the Business Operations Coordinator provides transactional support for the finance, operational and administrative functions of the Region, including budget monitoring, daily finance transactions, local vendor relationships, facilities management, fleet management, HR, IT, and records/reports. Is the lead system user/trainer for software business applications. Provides operations backup support for the Region in the absence of the COO/CAO.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD
* Financial Administrative Support: Provides administrative budget support including expense coding; financial report dissemination, initiating, monitoring and approving regional procurement transactions, Collaborates with department leaders to ensure that programs are executed within budget. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions. Supports department directors with analytics for monthly forecasting of expenses.
* Lead System User/Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services: Utilizes appropriate systems and trains staff in their use. Troubleshoots phone and computer issues for Region. Reviews and assists with tech services requests.
* Facilities/Asset Management Support: Ensures repairs are completed within budget and appropriate system is used to pay vendors. Develops and maintains relationships with vendors supporting each physical location. Obtains proposals for potential new vendors. Provides information/data needed for developing Business Plans for real estate transactions. Is liaison with other sectors for shared facilities/assets . Updates risk management system with current values/status as appropriate.
* Fleet Management Support: Maintains fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Files and maintains insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.
* Events: Participates in planning events meetings. Maintains insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
* Reports/Data Information: Provides guidance and data for grant reporting. Prepares various internal reports. Responds to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation. Acts as Region point of contact for FOCIS information.
* Operations SOPs: Develops, maintains and distributes a regional SOP Manual. Provides training to ensure consistent processes/procedures related to operations functions throughout the Region.
* Volunteer Coordination: May coordinate and train volunteers to assist with less complex daily transactional work such as data input, clerical support, etc.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Associate's degree preferred. Applicable experience may be applied towards education requirement but must be in addition to years experience required below.
* 5 years related experience in facilities, administrative support experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members.
* Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work to maximize team performance and meet customer expectations.
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders.
* Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws.
* Travel is required throughout the Region. Some out-of-region travel may also be required.
* A valid drivers license and a clean MVR are required.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
* Medical, Dental Vision plans
* Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
* PTO + Holidays
* 401K with 4% match
* Paid Family Leave
* Employee Assistance
* Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
* Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing
Keywords: American Red Cross, Gary , Business Operations Coordinator, Other , Merrillville, Indiana
here to apply!