EMERGENCY DPMT TECHNICIAN-Part-time
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Under supervision, to perform work with patients presenting at
the Emergency Department by performing authorized procedures
approved by the Department Clinical Leadership and Medical
Director, under the oversight of the on-duty Registered Nurse.
Contributes to and provides a safe, clean environment for patient
care delivered in the department. Provides and assists with
handling patient transportation needs within and external to the
department. Directly contributes to the patient's and patients'
family's visit experience to the department.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Performs and measures the patient's vital signs, properly
recording and reporting them to Physicians and Nurses; documents
care provided and the patient's status as directed by the Nurse;
and measures and records input and output documenting in the
patient's medical record.
- Assists with procedures as instructed by the Physician or
Nurse, and assists with providing total patient care including
feeding, bathing, ambulation, etc.
- Performs procedures as directed by the Physician or Nurse,
including applying oxygen, CPR, splinting, EKG's, phlebotomy,
- Performs stocking of supplies, ordering of supplies, cleaning
of equipment, monitoring of expiration date, and maintaining
orderliness of the department.
- Functions as an important part of the healthcare delivery team
in the Emergency Department, assisting Physicians and Nurses in
providing care to patients and the patient's family.
- Works closely with all members of the healthcare team including
physicians, pastoral & social services staff, ancillary
departments, support services staff, family members and personnel
from other hospitals or agencies.
- Attends in-service and department meetings on a regular basis
and participates in continuing education and conferences as
- Transports patients to various departments as needed and/or as
directed by the Nurse.JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to deal tactfully and
effectively with Physicians, Nursing staff, patients, families and
other staff members.
- Consistent and effective guest relations behaviors.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to accept delegation and direction, and work
independently, when needed, to set priorities and accomplish
- Current CPR certificate is required.EDUCATION
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent General Studies
- One (1) year of previous work experience in a full service
Emergency Department as a EMS, Paramedic, medical assistant or
other direct patient care position, is strongly preferred.
- 3 Healthcare/Medical - Emergency Services/Trauma Required
- Certified Basic Life SupportSTANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the
Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure
#1, Employee Relations Code.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCEDemonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare
providers.DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , EMERGENCY DPMT TECHNICIAN-Part-time, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!