HVAC & REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN
Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Under general supervision of the Manager, Plant Operations, this
position runs and maintains heating, ventilating, air conditioning,
refrigeration systems (HVAC & R), ice machines, water coolers,
towers, chillers, pumps, compressors, controls, building automation
systems (BAS), PM's and performs repairs, modifications, and
installations.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential
- Conducts daily rounds and compiles logs noting all
discrepancies and effecting minor repairs.
- Informs Manager, Plant Operations of major discrepancies and
assists with scheduling repair.
- Inspects and performs necessary repairs to all piping systems
relating to the water coolers and cooling systems.
- Performs all preventive maintenance procedures to cooling
systems and equipment as assigned.
- Prioritizes, schedules and repairs as requested through work
order system and assigned by Director of Facilities in a timely and
professional manner, and in accordance with policies and procedures
outlined in the Plant Operations Department's Manual.JOB
SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Unrestricted and a federal EPA #608 Universal Refrigerant
Certification card per 40 CFR part 82 subpart F.
- Abilty to use trade related hand tools, power equipment,
chillers and associated equipment, pumps and condensers, vacuum
pumps and refrigeration gauges.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variable situations where only limited standardization
- Abilty to provide compassionate, quality health services for
employees, physicians and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to use communication devices, i.e.,
radios, beepers, telephones and computer devices and responds
within an appropriate time period.
- Apprenticeship and journeyman level training or trade school
training. EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- HVAC & Refrigeration Journeyman or Associates Degree
- At least 4 years of direct HVAC and Refrigeration experience
- Will consider 4 years of military or commercial HVAC and
Refrigeration experience in lieu of degree or Journeyman
- Must have Refrigerant/EPA CertificationSTANDARDS OF
BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel
Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , HVAC & REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!