Company: The Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Performs a variety of tasks including issuing supplies,
maintaining inventories, and compiling stock records.PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
- Analyzes slow-moving, surplus inventories and recommends
- Assists on special inventory projects, annual physical
inventory and cycle counts, as necessary.
- Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and
- Attends meetings as required and maintains established policies
and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety
- Controls shortages or excess inventory by spot checking
inventory balances and making recommendations to the Team Leader to
increase or decrease par levels.
- Delivers all express items and items to be refrigerated on the
same day of arrival.
- Distributes patients supplies, medical gases and equipment as
requested by departments.
- Maintains area in a neat and clean manner.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service
- Receives requests for supplies, selects stock from inventory,
distributes to designated areas and obtains the signature of the
authorized person who can accept.
- Removes damaged or outdated supplies and disposes of them
according to the policies and procedures.
- Reports to the Team Leader all departmental needs and any other
problems that need attention.
- Restocks PYXIS and PAR levels with proper par levels
- Assures that stock is properly pulled, distributed and entered
into the Meditech Materials Management Informations (MMIS) system
per the correct issue unit of measure.
- Stores all items six (6) inches from the floor and eighteen
(18) inches below sprinkler heads so as not to obstruct.
- Unpacks and stores supplies and forms.
- Loads and unloads supplies and solutions.JOB
SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Basic knowledge operating adding machines, computers,
photocopiers, forklift and two-wheeler.
- Ability to answer telephone and exhibit courtesy in dealing
with sales reps, drivers and interact well with hospital
- Ability to be a self-starter, exercise independent judgement,
act independently, and be flexible in dealing with new ideas.
- Ability to organize work well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to consistently contribute to the team effort and
display cheerful and positive behavior.
- Demonstrates alertness and ability to pay attention to details
- Demonstrates understanding of good guest relations enhancing
harmony and cooperation in all aspects of work.EDUCATION &
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required
- 1 year Supply/Distribution Experience or 1 year Experience
working in Healthcare is RequiredSTANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the
Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure
#1, Employee Relations Code.CONFIDENTIALITY/HIPAA/CORPORATE
COMPLIANCEDemonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and
maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee,
patient, family, organizational and other medical information.
Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in
adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
governing ethical business practices for healthcare
providers.DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
Keywords: The Methodist Hospitals, Gary , DISTRIBUTION CLERK, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!