CERTIFIED PLANT OPERATOR
Company: Methodist Hospitals
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview: Leads, trains others, operates, maintains, and repair
the Methodist main steam and hot water plants and related equipment
at all sites. Responsibilities: PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
- Acts as department liaison with all applicable regulatory
agencies, i.e., DEP, EPA, Boiler Inspectors and insurance
- Maintains all required regulatory documentation.
- Coordinates weekly schedule to minimize overtime expenses while
required repairs proceed.
- Monitors daily work flow of other Firemen, review logs, records
and shift activities and reports all deviations to the Director of
Facilities and site managers of Plant Operations.
- Completes daily time sheets and work requests.
- Inspect and perform necessary repairs to all piping systems
relating to the operation of plant area located in the boiler
- Performs all preventive maintenance procedures to boiler
systems and related equipment.
- Installs and inspects new equipment and systems.
- Maintains accurate repairs/replacement logs on all equipment
and submits quarterly list for E.C. Committee Documentation as
- Maintains current inventory of supplies and materials as needed
- Processes purchase requisitions to procure required materials
and submits to the site managers of Plant Operations in a timely
- Schedules all utility shutdowns with site managers of Plant
Operations to facilitate required repairs.
- Schedules, coordinates and participates, as required, with all
major repairs within Plant Operations.
- Communicates with all members of the Facilities/Plant
Operations Depts. to expedite coordination of trade
- Works with staff to help provide clear direction, training and
support to staff ensuring understanding of equipment,
organizational mission and objectives.Qualifications: JOB
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have valid working knowledge of state and federal EPA and
DEP requirements as pertains to emissions and regulatory
requirements of boiler operation.
- Pipefitting experience and knowledge of electrical components,
water chemistry and metallurgy.
- Demonstrated ability to use communication devices, i.e.,
radios, beepers, telephones and computer devices and respond within
an appropriate time period.
- Must be able to read and work from drawings and make sketches
to document work.
- Practical working knowledge of all tools associated with boiler
works and piping.
- Use of personal computer, Windows environment and Microsoft
- Must have valid driver's license and meet insurance
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent General Studies
- Must have worked as an advanced level fireman or engineer,
attended technical school training or equivalent in
- Three to five years in the Steam/Power Engineering field with
three years experience as a licensed (any state) Operating
- 3 Steam/Power Engineering Required Licensed Boiler
EngineerSTANDARDS OF BEHAVIORMeets the Standards of Behavior as
outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations
knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security,
confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family,
organizational and other medical information. Understands and
supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to
federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing
ethical business practices for healthcare providers.DISCLAIMER -
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Keywords: Methodist Hospitals, Gary , CERTIFIED PLANT OPERATOR, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!