Class A CDL - Local Tanker Truck Driver
Posted on: January 11, 2021
Become a Local Tanker truck driver for Schneider and get home
daily, haul two-thirds non-hazardous bulk liquid chemicals and
travel an average of 2,000 miles each week. Schneider Local Tanker
truck drivers average $54,900 to $67,100 annually and have the
potential to earn an additional $0.04 per mile in performance pay.
Local Tanker truck driver job overview
- $54,900 to $67,100 * average annual earnings.
- $70,000* top annual earning potential.
- Up to $0.43 per mile* with weekly performance pay up to $0.04
- Home daily.
- 2,000 average miles per week, mostly in Illinois, Michigan and
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight.
- $5,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for
- $2,500 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for
inexperienced drivers. *Based on CDL driver experience, performance
and location Local Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Live within 50 miles of Chicago, IL or Gary, IN.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting Schneider's
self-paced online certification training will help you secure
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) required
within 60 days of hire. Need one or more of your endorsements, or
unsure if you qualify? Call us at (855) 548-2691, and we can talk
you through it.Additional Local Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a
- Up to $7,000 tuition reimbursement (paid at $200/month) for
- Mileage, accessorial, detention and loading/unloading pay all
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship
programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver
- Many more see full driver benefit package. More reasons to
choose Schneider Local Tanker
- Hands-on work Enjoy a nice change of pace from driving as you
get paid to unload using pumps and hoses.
- Elite paid training Learn how to master this unique work with
industry-leading paid orientation specifically for Tanker
- Top-notch equipment Drive the best thanks to continuous
investments in tractors, tank trailers and Tanker-specific
- Position based out of Schneider's Gary Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Local truck driving. Want even more
information? The best option is to apply, and we can customize our
advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights expectations at
your career stage.
- Schneider company overview what makes Schneider one of the top
- Slice of Orange blog answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of
all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including
your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
.Job Company DriverSchedule Full-timeSign On Bonus 5000
Keywords: Schneider, Gary , Class A CDL - Local Tanker Truck Driver, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!