Company: Clean Earth
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Clean Earth is one of the largest specialty waste companies in the
United States providing remediation, disposal, recycling, and
beneficial reuse solutions for contaminated soil, dredged material,
and hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Our vast portfolio of
technologies and services touches nearly every industry that
generates waste including energy, infrastructure, commercial,
industrial, retail, and healthcare markets.
It is our unique capability of providing a one-source, full-service
solution to handle multiple waste streams from a single customer
that separates us from the competition. Our processes are detailed,
our due diligence is tireless, and our results provide unmatched
recycling solutions for our customers with the utmost in customer
We're proud to be part of Harsco Corporation, named to Newsweek's
America's Most Responsible Companies 2021.
The Transportation Supervisor is a key position in supervising that
the details of every order is executed through effective
communications within the team and outside teams, departments,
customers, transporters, etc. This position is fast paced, and
multi-tasking is crucial. Creativity and adaptability are key
components to success.
- Maintain operational documentation to include reports,
licenses, procedures, order requirements, etc.
- Supervise and communicate with other sites and corporate teams
to coordinate work.
- Monitor order status from order receipt to settlement on each
- Supervise scheduled pickups and deliveries, including
communications with customer to resolve issues or clarify
- Primary responsibility for creating and maintaining operational
reports, including IFTA taxes, customer reports, throughput
reports, SB20/50 reporting, productivity reports, etc.
- Follow outbound shipments of material to ensure receipt by
destination and payment.
- Create and manage purchasing for the facilities including
purchase orders, work orders, and review of invoicing for services
- Support compliance with all federal, state and local permit
- Communicate to management facility needs, difficulties and
changes in operations.
- Perform related work and additional duties as
requested/assigned by supervisor
- Supervise segregation and packaging material for transport
along with the completion of required paperwork in a legible,
accurate, and timely manner in accordance with appropriate
regulations and Customer/Clean Earth policies, practices, and
- Oversee large projects/jobs with ability to manage a team of
technicians. Schedule and distribute work to team. Instructs,
provides feedback, directs and assists team in performance of job
duties to complete work in accordance with requirements and Clean
Earth policies, practices and procedures.
- Trains technicians and operators on-the-job in equipment
operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork. Provide
training and coaching to team members as needed.
- Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's)
procedures as outlined in Clean Earth procedures and policies.
- Supervise and operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment
when properly trained to move materials for storage / loading and
- Maintain records for DOT and State officials as assigned.
- Assist in other areas of the location as directed including but
not limited to occasional travel to customer sites; assistance with
production scheduling; and support of staff training.
- High school diploma
- Must have experience with logistics and hazardous waste
- HAZWoper Certification
- Experience with routing software (e.g. Descartes)
- Supervisory Experience of more than 3 years is preferred.
- Preference given to candidates holding an associates or
bachelor's degree or advanced technical training.
- Prior supervisory experience within the e-waste and u-waste
- Excellent Customer Service skills a must.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Extremely organized and attention to detail
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in assisting with Project Management
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials, DOT, and OSHA
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck,
e.g., forklift and possesses safe driving record
Physical and Mental Demands
- Must be able to regularly access and use general office
equipment including phones, computers, copiers, etc.
- Must be able to work in a busy, often distracting work
environment that is generally climate controlled.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted on an
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
We offer competitive benefits, including health, dental and vision
insurance, life insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k
with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco
Clean Earth's website because a disability prevents you from using
the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate
application procedure: Contact Katherine Skinner, HR Generalist -
and Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying
and will consider your application together with all other
applications received for the job. Please call only for disability
Keywords: Clean Earth, Gary , Transportation Supervisor, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!