Accounts Payable Analyst
Posted on: January 13, 2022
CSC Generation is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog
based retailers, and transform them into high performing, digital
first brands. In just four years, weve acquired and turned around
brands including: DirectBuy, Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, and One
Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.7 billion.
DirectBuy is a CSC Generation company. DirectBuy is seeking a
hybrid Accounts Payable Analyst that requires onsite work once a
week at our Merrillville Indiana location. Looking for a full-time
or part-time addition to the team! This is a great entry level
opportunity that offers $17-$19 an hour based off experience. The
Accounts Payable Analyst will be responsible for driving
operational efficiency across all business units, implementing and
maintaining an appropriate control environment, ensuring compliance
with company and accounting policies, ownership of core systems,
and designing and executing process improvements, including
leveraging technology, to automate processes and implementation of
internal controls. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide accounts payable support for Direct Buy as needed,
including but not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain weekly payment schedule for merchandise,
transportation, and general expenses;
- Monitor purchase order log to ensure that upcoming sea freight
shipments are invoiced and paid in advance of arrival;
- Reconcile operating bank accounts to ensure that funds are
available and/or transferred in advance to satisfy daily and
- Respond to accounts payable-related inquiries from vendors,
buyers, and internal personnel;
- Assist with new vendor set ups, including the collection of
required documents, creation of vendor records in the ERP, and
verifying payment method details for new vendors and/or changes to
payment methods and credit terms for existing vendors;
- Prepare monthly inventory in-transit reports;
- Perform weekly reconciliation of the cash flow model actuals
for the previous weeks expenses;
- Provide support to warranty sales division;
- Provide support to Lease and Rent Administration. Preferred
Experience & Skills:
- Must have one to three years of accounting experience.
- Robust accounting and excel expertise. Very comfortable
reconciling large data sets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and
- Demonstrated ability in setting strategy, driving performance,
consistently producing superior results, cultivating ownership
while enforcing company policies.
- Outstanding organizational, attention to details, and time
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated process
issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong communicator with the ability to artfully influence,
persuade and drive action.
- A collaborative working style and a strong customer service
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functionally with all
levels in the organization.
- An undergraduate degree in business or business related
(Accounting, Finance, Business).
- Retail experience a plus. What's in it for you:
- Casual work environment (no suits or ties)
- Opportunity to grow your accounting career with an expanding,
- Competitive salary with benefits (medical, dental, vision,
- Birthday off with pay
- Discounts with our brands!by Jobble
Keywords: Directbuy, Gary , Accounts Payable Analyst, Professions , Merrillville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!