Posted on: January 16, 2022
Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of
Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential
construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products &
Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission
is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and
mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality,
delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy,
people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical
Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual
revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable
Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in
annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit
with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution
centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia,
and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Shipping Clerk II to be based out
of Hobart, IN. Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this person will
be responsible for preparing items for shipment via UPS, FEDEX, LTL
by picking, packing, sorting and loading orders.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in a
shipping role. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system
based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; packs
items to ensure safe delivery.
- Possess ability to pull and pack orders for both freight and
small package shipments.
- Checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain
that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Ability to work independently throughout the Shipping
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs
inventory which is shipped.
- Ability operate forklifts, dolly, pallet jack, and/or
stock-chasers in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may
operate shrink-wrap machine.
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine,
Standardize, Sustain) practices at all times.
- Apply proper labels with correct postage/coinciding paperwork
- Follows established departmental policies, standard work
procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement
objectives, safety and environmental.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics office, customer
service representatives and others involved in the shipment of
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Clean shipping area - sweep and remove garbage.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years shipping/receiving/material handling experience
- Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based
company is a plus.
- Advanced schooling or certifications preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies,
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers /
perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to work basic computer software.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 60lbs.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Ability to operate the loading dock.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment is a
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore
Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and
a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and
Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage
and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment
Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS
execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers
breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace
that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our
team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results,
stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live
the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link
behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with
our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve
customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value
of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital
or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its
employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through
the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual
difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment.
Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and
providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our
customers and making our company better than it was the day
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Keywords: Atkore, Gary , Shipper/Receiver II, Professions , Hobart, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!