Company: fairlife, LLC
Location: Fair Oaks
Posted on: January 16, 2022
fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates
great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish
consumers.With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife's
growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products
includes: fairlife - ultra-filtered milk; Core Power - High Protein
Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery;
fairlife - nutrition plan---, a nutrition shake to support the
journey to better health; and fairlife - Light Ice Cream.A wholly
owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been
recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry
leading innovation.The company is driven by its values of caring
for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business.
By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care
standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and
responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on
making a positive impact for all.To learn more about fairlife and
its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.COVID-19
Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal
contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all
employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved
medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with
fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at
least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of
getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with
proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a
medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the
mandatory vaccination policy.job purpose: The Laboratory Technician
monitors and performs qualitative/quantitative testing of process
and product attributes to ensure food safety and food quality;
ensures compliance with all applicable regulations such as the
Pasteurized Milk Ordinance; complies with all applicable standards
such as GFSI (Global Food Safety), Third party audits such as
Silliker, Kosher, and Organic requirements;
ensures processes, work in progress, incoming goods, in-process
product, finished product meets specifications; interpretation of
testing results to release of product that has met specifications;
and processes documentation for non-conforming product and
communicate information to plant management.responsibilities:
- Check butterfat, total solids, pH, acidity, flavor, odor,
cryoscopy, viscosity, brix, HR-1, 2 &3, temperatures,
antibiotics, coliform, DMC, DMSCC and SPC.
- Calculate formulas and accelerated shelf life testing.
- Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient
usage and distribution, code date verification.
- Performs environmental testing and Pre-op swabbing and
maintains all records.
- Conducts pathogen monitoring on raw & finished products and
- Responsible for hold/release/rejection of finished goods and
- Maintains all lab records, internal and external lab results,
inspection reports, vitamin log, water & glycol records.
- Coordinates and maintains all third-party laboratory testing
- Responsible for maintaining proper calibration standards.
- Responsible for daily finished product evaluation and Appendix
N antibiotic testing.
- Assists with state and federal lab inspections.
- Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished
- Helps control plant losses.
- Completes all duties in a manner that is consistent with all
aspects of the company safety rules and good manufacturing
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Manager or
Supervisor on duty.
- Responsible for microbiological testing/documentation of
finished and in-process products; interpret the results and
retest/report abnormalities as needed; generate standard report of
- Conduct routine inspection of processing areas including
documentation to ensure that all documentation is present and
correct and that all areas comply with GMPs and sanitation
- Performs Quality Team Audits, including Good Manufacturing
Practices and Housekeeping.
- Manage the laboratory operations, maintain lab equipment and
- Must be able to work with chemicalsskills/qualifications
- Must have High School diploma at a minimum. Bachelor's degree
in a science field or equivalent combination of education and
experience is preferred.
- At least one or more years with previous laboratory with
microbiology and chemistry experience required. Experience in a
food production environment preferred.
- Must be accurate and precise in testing procedures and mix
formulation calculations and have a keen sense of odors and
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret documents such as
safety rules, procedure manuals and mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend and follow technical
instructions, effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of
- Must have the ability to hear and perceive information at
normal spoken word levels.
Must be able to speak and understand English fluently.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to
carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions and
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate superb decision-making
ability to determine best course of action in assessing test
- Must possess basic computer skills; knowledge of word
processing and spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of MS
Office and SAP preferred.
- Knowledgeable with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), safety
programs and procedures.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced,
entrepreneurial environmentworking conditions and physical
- Up to 12 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up
to 25 pounds
- Exposure to hazards (machinery, confined spaces, etc.)
- Must be able to work in and around loud noise levels,
industrial machinery, air-conditioned environments suitable for
carrying out controlled tests.
- Must be able to operate motorized vehicles or equipmentfood
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are
required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of
the color-coded container policy while in the Production
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or
Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of
nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the
product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and
the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product
in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or
unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill
level will assume the duties and responsibilities as
required.position location: Fair Oaks, INreports to: Plant
Managerschedule: Full or Part Time availablefairlife, LLC is an
equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability,
veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All
qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity.
Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.In addition to
its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide
reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the
Company. If you have a disability and would like to request
accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please
Keywords: fairlife, LLC, Gary , Laboratory Technician, Professions , Fair Oaks, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!