Posted on: January 16, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
Linde, Inc. is currently seeking an I/E Technician in Gary, IN. The
Instrumentation and Electrical technician will be responsible for
ensuring Cryogenic Air Separation plants are operating safely,
reliably, and efficiently. The role will include but not be limited
to performing routine operating, maintenance, troubleshooting, and
repairs. The candidate must have demonstrated ability to work
across departmental lines. Candidate needs to be able to travel up
to 25% of the time to support remote plants located at Sterling, IL
and Muscatine, IA. Must be willing to adjust the schedule based on
the facility activities. Must have the ability to interpret
manufacturers' manuals and apply hands-on skills in repairing
instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial instruments such as:
transmitters, PLC systems, meters, analyzers, automatic valves,
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment
- Coordinate and perform preventive maintenance based on
- Completing and documenting preventative maintenance activities
associated with instrumentation and quality assurance programs
- Read and Maintain P&IDs and Schematic wiring diagrams in
compliance with SOP's, QA, and MOC policies
- Ensure all QA and Safety related functional testing
requirements are met
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Allen Bradley PLC's &
- Assist in outage planning and execution
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability
- Schedule and Direct contractor activities in all related areas
covered above when required
- Have a working knowledge of computers and typical computer
programs such as: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
- Support safe operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of
rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems such as:
compressors, pumps, fans, blowers, boiler systems, and valves
This position requires a combination of office work and field work.
The technician will operate and maintain our facilities in a safe,
reliable, and environmentally friendly manner which will include a
on call schedule. The job occasionally requires overtime and
callouts on weekend, nights, and holidays. Employee must be able to
access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders,
scaffolding, and man-lifts. Position may also require providing
turnaround support within the region. Excellent communication and
interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships
with maintenance and operations personnel in a team
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent
combination of work experience and technical training required
- At least 5+ years of related experience
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in
- Proven experience in CMMS systems such as ProCal and Infor
- Associate Degree from a technical school is desired
Accommodations can be made if reasonable, do not create an undue
hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely
perform the essential job functions.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
Grade is commensurate with experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Gary , I&E Technician, Professions , Gary, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!