Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: Middough Inc
Posted on: May 14, 2022
About MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a
leading professional engineering, architecture and project
solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune
500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the
Central, Midwest and Southeast regions. - Our diversified team is
our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of
interesting projects, management and technical development
opportunities and team building experiences. - Middough employs the
best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence
and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service,
safety awareness and professional development.Position and
ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior Electrical Engineer with Middough, you
will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed
engineering calculations within industrial power systems. The
Senior Electrical Engineer performs engineering design for review
and approval by senior department personnel. The Senior Electrical
Engineer also demonstrates technical and professional growth
annually by maintaining active membership in professional
organizations and participating in technical seminars and/or
courses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Collect and prepare data/information, perform detailed
engineering calculations, and write formal engineering and
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver products.
- Develop technical specifications and data sheets, perform
technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which
meets client requirements for operability, reliability,
maintainability, and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and
- Perform calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as discipline lead on single and multi-discipline
projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making
staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain
pertinent information.Education, Experience and SkillsThe
successful candidate will possess the following:
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical
- Professional Engineer license (highly preferred).
- 10+ years of electrical systems design experience in a
- Knowledge of single line and schematic diagrams, P&IDs and
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution
hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems, and
hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries.
- Knowledge of short circuit analysis, ARC flash studies, voltage
drop and cable/conduit/cable tray sizing.
- Experience with SKM electrical modeling software is
- Experience with lighting design, grounding and lightning
- Experience with heat trace design.
- Understanding of utility interface design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- May be exposed to uneven walking/working surfaces, extreme
cold, extreme heat, and precipitation at various client sites.
Noise levels may be moderate to high at various client sites,
hearing protection may be required and/or provided. What Middough
OffersWe offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and
supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and
resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough
Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your
talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for
your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly
competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits
package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US. -Middough Inc. is an
equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity
and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Middough Inc, Gary , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Professions , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!