Company: Healthcare Linen Services Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
PURPOSE: Primarily responsible for ensuring that the company
goals and objectives are met in a timely and accurate manner.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintain a good image of the company, achieve company
safety and performance goals. Motivate, coach, train, and lead
employees to perform their duties safely and efficiently. Maintain
quality of linen, control production costs, meet inventory cost
initiatives, and achieve employee turnover goals.
- Supervise multiple departments and diverse team of production
operators performing a variety of job functions.
- Ensure all employees are at their assigned work areas to begin
work and that there are sufficient workloads at each area.
- Maintain an even/timely workflow through production floor/soil
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment and a productive and
efficient workflow, while meeting quality standards.
- Assure accuracy and accountability through the use of
production and quality metrics, visual indicators, and positive
- Perform production supervision duties by consistently enforcing
company policies and procedures.
- Provide training and follow-up on department personnel to see
that they are performing their jobs in accordance with their job
descriptions. Provide daily/weekly coaching to improve employee's
- Work with HR Department to determine hiring, training, and
employee improvement needs.
- Approve PTO and leave schedules for employees.
- Ensure employees are properly introduced to the Company
Objectives, Company Policies, and Safety Standards. Be sure each
new employee receives the proper training.
- Enhance production (PPOH) and reduce productive labor
- Review production and goal performance record with Management
routinely throughout the week.
- Notify and work with Maintenance Manager on needed repairs on
all equipment in production and soil sort while maintaining written
requests and follow up for equipment repairs.
- Ensure that all customers concerns receive a prompt and
- Verify safety, quality, and productivity standards are met
- Maintain plant organization/cleanliness through proper 5S
- Provide the level of accountability needed to produce good,
consistent results at all levels of the organization.
- Set goals and deadlines for performance that align with
company's objectives and communicate them to employees.
- Prepare and submit performance reports and make recommendations
for promotions based on performance.
- Frequently walk production floor to monitor employees'
performance and breaks to minimize lost time.
- Perform any other duties as supervisor/manager sees fit
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Be able to stand on feet up to 10 hours a day.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to work on production floor.
- Be able to push/pull soil/clean carts weighing up to 800 lbs.
- Must be able to meet consistently physical requirements such as
bending, twisting, and pulling.
- Management Skills- Ability to organize and direct oneself and
effectively train others.
- Accountability- Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written- Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Problem Solving Skills- Finding solutions to difficult or
- Training- Ability to develop a particular skill in others to
bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Must be a High School Graduate.
- Must have 6 months to 1 year of related production
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Possess computer skills in Excel, Word, and Microsoft
Keywords: Healthcare Linen Services Group, Gary , Production Supervisor, Professions , Portage, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...